Wednesday, June 20, 2012

plush and rabid


Characters like this have been populating my sketchbook a lot lately. I don't know what to do with the drawings yet (if they'll become something I polish up, turn into comics, larger artwork, or whatever), but I've been having a TON of fun drawing them. The working title of whatever it becomes is "rabid."

A drunk guy at the bar saw this picture and was convinced my work is demonic. I was kind of surprised to hear this, because my feeling is: how demonic could something really be dressed in a pink bunny suit while wearing inline skates and knee pads? Creepy, ambiguous, ugly, gross, yeah, maybe, but demonic? I don't think anything truly evil would stop to think about protective sporting gear. I tried to explain all of this to him, but he wasn't interested in hearing anything to the contrary. Okay, Sir, return to your pitcher of swill beer and your quaint conviction that the devil lurks behind every stranger's sketchbook you demand to look through. Anyway. So I was going for fun and absurd. Comical outrage and fury coated in soft pastels puts a smile on my face, and hopefully that's communicated in this as well as the other drawings to come.

Hope all's well, and thanks for reading.

beanforest

No comments:

Post a Comment