Saturday, October 8, 2011

but i think you know

Batman!!
If I was a superhero, I don't know if I could resist singing my own theme song.

The zombie-like creature below isn't a zombie. It's a splicer from Bioshock, one of my favorite videogames. If you're unfamiliar, the whole story is like an Ayn Rand novel gone terribly awry. A group of Laissez-faire capitalists build a utopian Atlantis in the middle of the ocean where they're free to live without the restrictions of government, and then everything spirals into chaos as greed and sociopathic entitlement consume everything. Weee!! But it's all wrapped up in a really fun and super creepy action/shooter game. You'll see a reference to the Fountainhead in the page below- I'm not gonna open that can of worms more than I already have here, but suffice it to say that I have strong mixed feelings in regard to Ayn Rand and Objectivism.

Pointy Shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment