Saturday, October 22, 2011

small obstacles are for the small

Click to enlarge.
Text reads:
Giant: WHO IS THIS MAN THAT CONSIDERS HIMSELF A GIANT?!
Human: I guess that would be me, sir.
Giant: AND WHAT GIVES YOU THE RIGHT TO MAKE SUCH A DECISION?
Human: It's not about having the 'right', sir, but you giants are strong and live your lives unimpeded by small obstacles.
Giant: SMALL OBSTACLES ARE FOR THE SMALL.
Human: That's totally correct, sir, and because of my size, I am prone to trip and find harm from these things that, to you, are inconsequential.
Giant: THEY AFFECT US NOT.
Human: Yes, and even if I have to be affected by them, I don't want to worry about them any longer. My life is as short as I am, sir, and I'd like to spend as little of it as possible fretting over the hard parts. I figured if I thought myself a giant and nobody was hurt by my actions, life would be a little easier.
Giant: GIANTS SMASH SMALL HARDSHIPS.
Human: Yes, and it's exactly that kind of life-affirming certainty that I'd like to bring into my standard of living.
Giant: SMALL LIKE BUG, SQUISH ALL COMPLICATION.
Human: Exactly, "small like bug, squish all complication." This is good advice and I'm hungry to learn anything else you're willing to teach me.
Giant: UM, UM, BONES GOOD TOOLS; EVENING AIR TAKE SMELL FROM BLOOD.
Human: Thank you, sir.

Family portraits

No comments:

Post a Comment